School of English Language (S.E.L.)
The School of English Language is a small friendly school, founded in1982, located in the north-east of the capital of Chios island (6km from thetown centre, easily reached by public transport) in the attractive quietseaside suburb of Vrodathos/Homeropolis - (Homer's birthplace).
The school is situated in an elegant neo-classical building, less than100 metres from the sea-front.
The school provides:
- A relaxing friendly atmosphere aiming to make teaching and learning an enjoyable experience.
- A stimulating and supportive environment.
- Effective course design.
- Flexible programmes to suit the teaching practice of the trainees.
- Great opportunity to practise teaching highly motivated ,long term students at all levels (Elementary to Advanced).
- Courses provided: General,Cambridge exams preparation.
- Caring,qualified and experienced EFL staff dedicated to meet the needs of the trainee teachers and the students, giving warm personal attention to them individually.
- The school is equipped with necessary modern facilities for effective teaching.
- Capacity:100 students (age range 7 yrs to adults).
Arranged in self-catered flats in a small family hotel in an attractive safe residential area close to the school (within 10/15 minutes walking distance).
- Population:54,000.Fourth largest island of Greece in the Aegean Sea, between Lesvos and Samos islands.
- A cultural and prosperous island with long interestindg history.
- Renowned as the island of unique and rare plants, herbs and flowers (tulips, anemones jasmin etc), the Mastic tree and the orchards of citrus trees.
- Lovely pebble and sandy beaches.
- The Castle/Fortress(10th century),still inhabited,in the centre of the town of Chios.
- Byzantine monasteries and churches of great historic and artistic interest.
- Preserved,inhabited medieval villages.
- Museums and the renowned KORAIS Library.
- Chios is a lively town with wealth of shops, leisure,cultural and recreational facilities available.
- People : Friendly, hospitable and helpful.
- Transport by Air : Regular daily flights to and from Athens airport (Trainees met on arrival).
- Transport by Sea : Ferries connect the island with Piraeus and neighbouring islands daily.
The course is for two weeks (14 days) and can be any weeks you choose between :
- Dec 1st - 20th (the school is closed for Christmas holidays for 15 days)
- Jan 10th - 27th April (Easter holidays with bank holidays on the 18th March & 25th March.)
- May 13th - May 31st
- Tuitions fees - £750
- Accomodation - £182 (14 days Sunday to Saturday)
- Travel arrangements to be made by yourself, although our school in Chios will be happy to advise.
The course is as follows :
- 10 hours per week teaching (guided and supervised by your tutor)
- 7 hours lesson planning per week
- 5 hours per week observation of classes -Minimum, usually more if required.
Contact London Teacher Training College on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details of this centre